IETE Annual Technical Convention & IETE Expo 2012
AMPERE- Paradigm Shifts and Impact of ICT
(Automobile Electronics / Medical Electronics / Power Electronics / Entertainment Electronics / Railway Electronics / Education)
The IETE ATC 2012 will address the technical interests related to Impact of ICT on industrial applications. The main thrust of the Conference is to study / discuss Impact Communication Technologies on non-ICT Industries/Applications/ Fields like Automobile, Medical, Power, Entertainment, Railways, Education (AMPERE)
The Associated IETE Expo-2012,with provision for more than 80 Exhibition Stalls of 3x3 mtr will facilitate show casing of products/subsystems/ multimedia presentations encompassing all areas of AMPERE. For this two days expo the tariff is kept bare minimum to encourage enhanced participation. This is a golden opportunity for manufacturers /vendors/local reps of multinationals to expose their expertise/innovations /technology to a cream of professionals and decision makers .Bangalore has the unique distinction of housing all major players involved in AMPERE.
In the last 20 years dramatics changes have happened in Industries and significant changes are due to assistance or incorporation of ICT including Electronics in the non-ICT industries. Imagine a world where skin-deep microchips monitor red blood cells, cars are uncrushable, contact lenses restore sight… with ICT! Some examples are:
- Automobiles: Cars have many electronics components controlling & optimizing many aspects like fuel injection timing, navigation assistance etc. Introduction of Electric Vehicles will only increase this!
- Medical: Telemedicine is already available. Lab on a Chip is almost a reality. Most of analytical tests have been automated using electronic systems. New drug developments are with help of computers. Remote controlled Robotic surgery is round the corner.
- Power: It is simply no longer generation & distribution, it is about efficiency and Smart Grids and ICT has a large role in it.
- Entertainment: are the days of bulky tape recorders, radios, Video Cassette Players etc. replaced by the smart phone.
- Railways (Transport): Apart from the electronic controls in engine efficiency, signal management, collision avoidance, but also in freight management, GPS tracking, reservation management etc.
- Education: It is no longer black boards and teachers, it has moved Virtual teachers, tele-education, interactive & intelligent boards and support systems.
Similarly in all other Industries where Paradigm Shifts have occurred due to Electronics, Information and Communication Technologies and their Impact will be covered during the convention and Exhibition.